From: Patrick Nagel <mail@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 01:57:40
1 Hi,
2
3 On 2010-03-05 00:00 UTC Dale wrote:
4 > chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
5 > > On 5 March 2010 00:27, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >>>>> But this issue can be discussed separately from whether cups
7 > >>>>> should be enabled in profiles.
8 > >>
9 > >> Actually, it is the problem. You want to remove cups to solve the
10 > >> problem of circular dependencies.
11 > >
12 > > What I wrote was:
13 > >>> What it fixes is (1) the circular dependency that people run into on a
14 > >>> fresh install and the default desktop profile, and (2) the default
15 > >>> dependency on cups that many users do not need.
16 > >
17 > > But if you choose to ignore what I actually write, then I'd better stop
18 > > responding.
19 > >
20 > > Good night,
21 >
22 > You notice what I wrote? If I had to install Gentoo again, I would copy
23 > or set my USE flags first then install. If I do that right after
24 > unpacking the tarball, which is how it should be done, then you have
25 > fixed nothing. The problem you claim to have fixed is not fixed at all.
26 >
27 > Maybe it is not me that should stop responding?
28
29 Obviously, users who "re-install" Gentoo the way you do will have less
30 difficulties resolving a circular dependency than those who are just following
31 the guide and getting their first Gentoo experience.
32
33 Patrick.
36 Key ID: 0x86E346D4 http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
37 Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4