From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:31:03
1 On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:10:35 +0100 Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 | It is a well-known fact that removing seemingly useless background
3 | noise can cause relations between problems not to be recognised.
4 | Some users know that and hence would like to see all errata.
5
6 And, conveniently enough, the GLEP sticks all the news items (errata is
7 a bad choice of word, since we don't have a single release against
8 which we make corrections) in a single place.
9
10 | Our GLSAs are sent out exactly in the same way, but there is not a
11 | word on them in the GLEP, neither does anyone seem to care about
12 | them, while they seem to me at least ***VERY*** important, that is,
13 | much more important than a message about breaking my installation.
14
15 Yes, because it's better to have a system which is immune to denial of
16 service attacks from local users who all have physical access to the
17 system than one which actually works. Riiiiight.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Anti-XML, anti-newbie conspiracy)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm