From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] depmod -e output, plus kdepim results and other questions
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:00:56
1 Gold is Heavy wrote:
2
3 >root@void2 portage # depmod -e
4 >depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.o
5 >depmod: preempt_schedule
6 >depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/drivers/char/ftape/lowlevel/ftape.o
7 >depmod: preempt_schedule
8 >depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/drivers/char/ftape/zftape/zftape.o
9 >depmod: preempt_schedule
10 >
11 >[more of the same snipped]
12 >
13 >This output is definitely better than -a. I did see kernel preemtpion patch being applied, however, I didn't think there were any problems with it? Maybe I am wrong. What can I check?
14 >
15 >Processor Type and Features:
16 >[*] Preemptible Kernel
17 >[*] APIC and IO-APIC support on uniprocessors
18 >
19 >This is what I have enabled currently, that I think is related to the preemption patch. Did I miss something else?
20 >
21 These are the dependency errors I was complaining about a few days
22 ago to drobbins. This was with the -r0 version of linux-sources-2.4.10,
23 though, and now there is a -r3. If you haven't make sure and check that
24 out, and I will do the same.
25
26 Chad