From: "Bruce A. Locke" <blocke@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage Documentation
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:26:03
1 I've started writing the planned handbook guide to Portage and have much
2 of the Portage configuration section finished. My plan is to add the
3 package management section to the guide tomorrow to hopefully get enough
4 of it up to be of use when word of Gentoo 1.0 becomes more widespread.
5
6 You can laugh at my grammar and spelling at:
7
8 http://www.gentoo.org/~blocke/portage.html
9
10 I would appreciate feedback on the parts written so far and if you have
11 a favorite FAQ about /etc/make.* or emerge command line stuff please let
12 me know so I can answer it in the guide.
13
14 Thanks!
15
16 BTW, The guide might be useful for people trying to understand portage's
17 1.8.9 new fangled USE setting system... hope my understanding of it is
18 correct :)
22 Bruce A. Locke
23 blocke@××××××.org