From: Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-dns/dnssec-root: Blind stable on arm, critical bug 667774
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:19:17
1 On Freitag, 12. Oktober 2018 14:50:55 CEST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > ARM is not a Gentoo security supported arch.
3 >
4 > If the ARM maintainers feel that stable keywords make the lives of
5 > their users better, and it isn't causing problems for anybody else,
6 > I'm not sure why we should be interfering with this.
7
8 That's interesting. If it's not security supported, does that mean we can
9 simply clean up vulnerable versions and drop every arm revdep to ~arm?
10
11 Or are we supposed to keep vulnerable versions around and drop every keyword
12 except arm?
13
14 Either way means extra care for this arch.