From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc 2.16/19 for Gentoo Prefix on antique kernels
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 09:28:10
1 Hi Michał,
2
3 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> writes:
4
5 >> So I would like to hear what you guys think if I:
6 >>
7 >> - keep glibc-2.19 and glibc-2.16 in tree and unmasking them in the
8 >> selected Prefix profiles;
9 >>
10 >> - maintain those selected outdated glibc versions on the
11 >> infrastructure of the Toolchain Project[5];
12 >>
13 >> - (optional) add an exception to the toolchain support policy[6].
14 >
15 > How about moving them to an overlay?
16
17 I have reflected on this option and concluded it is an overkill to
18 create an overlay for only 1 package.
19
20 Yours,
21 Benda