From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] signatures in git work flow
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 20:22:40
1 On 07/05/2015 04:01 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I've been hearing lately that the newest versions of git allow you to
5 > sign pushes.
6 >
7 > Once we have a version of git stable that allows this, can someone fill
8 > me in on why we would need to sign commits if we sign pushes? If we have
9 > a signature on the push, we know where that came from, so it seems to be
10 > overkill to sign the commits as well.
13 The link Robin posted is a fun read and explains why:
14
15 http://mikegerwitz.com/papers/git-horror-story