From: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New emul-libs.eclass
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:17:23
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I recently worked on the app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-* packages and
5 > used almost identical code snipplets in them, so I realized I might as
6 > well put together an eclass and drop the duplication. The eclass would
7 > provide a common template for the following packages:
8 [cut]
9 > # remove void directories
10 > find "${S}" -depth -type d | xargs rmdir 2&>/dev/null
11
12 Portage should remove blank dirs or am i wrong?
13
14 > cp -a "${S}"/* "${D}"/ || die "copying files failed!"
15
16 For future *BSD compatibility (yes i want to use the linux bsd emulation
17 for flash, opera, etc) it's better to use rsync -a imho
20 Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli - http://dev.gentoo.org/~drizzt/
21 FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff
22 There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
23 We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson