From: James Harlow <james@××××××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA question wrg. GRP
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 03:54:41
1 > > > I think one solution would be to force
2 > > > an update to the latest version of dependencies. It would go around any
3 > > > binary problems like this, but it still wouldn't be pretty.
4 > >
5 > > Only if the binary was built against the latest version of dependencies!
6 > > If it was built against (in this case) openssl-0.9.6, then you'd be
7 > > creating the problem you're trying to solve.
8 >
9 > We could just set the RDEPEND in the binary packages to be >= the versions
10 > installed on the system that compiled the package.
11
12 Nope, this won't work, for the building-against-openssl-0.9.6-but-
13 deploying-against-openssl-0.9.7 reasons.
16 When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. - Jonathan Swift
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list