From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-admin/mbr.. what to do...
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:23:12
1 On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:53, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > Maybe someone with some scripting skillz could create a list of all
3 > "orphaned" packages?
4 > (no metadata.xml, no active maintainer, ...)
5 I've learned with first-person experience that no metadata doesn't means that
6 a package is orphaned...
7 So maybe it's better said to developers: if you maintain something *please*
8 add a metadata, or update it, so that who looks at bugs know who to ask to.
9
10 > Always a drag to see packages getting dropped, but if noone maintains
11 > them there's not much that can be done.
12 Well maybe we can have a way to define "latest portage version" for removed
13 package (a tag on cvs?) so that someone can prepare a weekly tarball of
14 removed packages waiting for new maintainers or so on.
17 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
18 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
19
20 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/