From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: vim-6.0-r2.ebuild - no gui?!
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:00:38
1 Hello Viktor,
2
3 Viktor Lakics wrote: [Mon Oct 22 2001, 03:47:23PM EST]
4 > I think something is wrong with my make.conf. I have python, x, gtk
5 > etc. in make.conf (attached) and output from ./configure vim finds
6 > none of them...
7
8 The problem is that you're setting USE multiple times in your make.conf.
9 Rather than do that, you need to set it once to contain all the settings
10 you want.
11
12 In other words, instead of doing something like this:
13
14 USE="foo bar"
15 USE="baz"
16
17 You need to do
18
19 USE="foo bar
20 baz"
21
22 Also, so you don't get tripped on this, be aware that make.conf looks
23 deceptively like shell syntax. It APPEARS that you could do
24
25 USE="foo bar"
26 USE="$USE baz"
27
28 HOWEVER, the file is not sourced by bash. It is read by a Python
29 program that doesn't understand the above syntax. You must set USE all
30 in one go...
31
32 USE="foo bar
33 baz"
34
35 Hope this helps. I've Cc'd this to gentoo-dev so that it might be
36 helpful to others. Let me know how it goes.
37
38 Aron