From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:58:50
1 Hi Alec,
2
3 On 3/27/20 11:20 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
4 >
5 > I should point you at man portage(5) (search for mirrors), which has
6 > more detail on how to set up a non-gentoo mirror network.
7
8 Reading portage manpage about mirrors I didn't find the mirror type
9 possible values. As I could understand, there is type local as a special
10 mirror and then, from the example, sourceforge and gnu. Didn't
11 understand right how this works.
12
13 From thirdpartymirrors file I can see more examples... The mirror type
14 can be any label that I decide to use?
15
16 Is URI mirror:// style deprecated in ebuilds and should use
17 restric="mirror" instead?
18
19 I think that, in mirrors description for /etc/portage/, first paragraph
20 should be divided in two: the new one in  the phrase that starts with
21 "You may also set a special mirror type called local".
22
23 Thanks,
24
25 Samuel