From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] chriswhite herd(?) status update
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:21:48
1 Since I'm really not in a particular herd, here's a couple of goals I have for getting Gentoo into a better state:
2
3 1) First off, working on the kde-theme.py package. I've been working on it left and right and it's nicely progressing, we'll see where it goes
4 2) Helping get some ebuilds that are sort of collecting dust in bugzilla up and running
5 3) Helping other devs/herds with general bug wrangling (ie. creating obscure patches by staying up for 5 hours on lots of Pepsi)
6 4) Helping out with some documentation (and sending it to the right people this time ;p)
7
8 and that's the short list.. here's the long one:
9
10 1) Ok, I think that's about as well said as it's going to get :P
11 2) Getting these new ebuilds in the tree will definately help grow the number of usefull tools for users, as well as re-initiating the developer-user relationship.
12 3) Helping out general bug wrangling will, well, close more bugs :P. Not only that, but it will vastly prevent the situation of "ARGG, MY WORLD UPDATE :(". I'm running emerge world pretty consistantly, so if I hit something, I'll most likely be fixing it (I hate interrupted world updates like everyone else :P)
13 4) There is no such thing as too many docs :P.
14
15 on a minor note, I was thinking of maybe a somewhat small comprehensive list of major problems and ways to solve them. I know we do have bugzilla, but bugzilla is kind of full of noise (look at all them bugs!). Therefore, I think a small page with major stuff like "Oh my god, my stuff doesn't compile" or "It can't find my library!" would help. Ways of solving it would also be nice. I was thinking of having the page archive things that are 1 month old and everything else is front page. Let me know what the thoughts are on that. Ok, that's it...
16
17 Chris White