From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed again (was Resignation)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:51:14
1 On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 02:37:41 -0400 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > They're not relevant to this discussion. We're not discussing what
4 | > the right solution is, we're discussing why Sunrise is the wrong
5 | > solution. There's a hell of a difference -- as an illustration,
6 | > most people could tell you why giving everybody nukes is the wrong
7 | > way to get peace in the middle east, but very few could tell you
8 | > what the right way is...
9 | >
10 |
11 | Yes they are. You obviously didn't read the questions. I'll paste:
12 | OK, let's start with: what exactly is the problem? What is the correct
13 | way to represent it? After that please explain how you came to see
14 | sunrise as the wrong solution to that problem.
15 |
16 | Note, that nowhere did I aske what the right solution is. Please be
17 | so kind as to actually *read* what others are saying to you, instead
18 | of presuming.
19
20 Knowing what the problem is is part of making the solution. The problem
21 is not that users can't push arbitrary content into a centralised
22 official repository with no oversight from the herds appropriate for
23 said content quickly enough. I didn't claim to know exactly what the
24 real problem is, merely that it's not what's being solved here.
27 Ciaran McCreesh
28 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list