From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:42:57
1 17.01.2015 18:51, Ciaran McCreesh пишет:
2 > On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 19:49:24 +0400
3 > Сергей <protserovsd@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Any random user can tell you: -u means UPDATE, -D means DEEP (follow
5 >> dependencies).
6 >
7 > And what do those actually mean?
10 Do you need citation from 'man portage'? :-)
11
12 -D usually adds to deptree more deps, than usual 'world'(if we are still
13 talking about 'emerge -uDN world') like deps of deps, etc, until full
14 tree will be built.
15
16 Maybe i am not totally correct, cause i am not portage developer, but
17 that's my point of view.
18
19 And 'man portage' is telling me pretty much the same things
22 Best regards, Sergey Popov
23 Gentoo developer
24 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
25 Gentoo Quality Assurance project lead
26 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead