From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo activity graphs
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:44:23
Every now and then someone get sick of Gentoo and suddenly became
prophet, preaching that the end of the distro is near.
I wanted to see how much should we worry about it so I've made a perl
script to find the history of the following characteristics:
 - no. of active developers (active dev := did at least a commit in that
month)
 - no. of commits / month
The data and the perl script used to obtain it are available at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~mrness/gentoo-activity-2006-06/ .

I am aware those characteristics are quantitative and don't say anything
about the quality of the distribution. However, judging after those
graphs, even the worst basher will recognize that we are far from being
dead.