From: "Michał Górny" <gentoo@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: scons.eclass
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:17:38
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:39:50 -0400
Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:

> On Monday, August 23, 2010 12:24:54 Michał Górny wrote: > > The third revision, almost all suggestions applied. The ChangeLog: > > if there are suggestions you've actively ignored, those should be > noted
I've replied to the specific suggestions but if you want, here's a short summary: - stripping ! from varname in use_scons() suggestion (I don't see a real point there as I replied you), - src_prepare() calling base_src_prepare() (it is better to inherit base within the specific ebuild), - src_install() calling base_src_install() (the base.eclass implementation calls make).
> i'm not sure caching the value and using it in between runs is a good > idea. unless you also cache the thing you're caching and compare it > to make sure your cache is no longer invalid. > > i.e. export _SCONSOPTS_MAKEOPTS=${MAKEOPTS}, and then on every escons > invocation, make sure ${MAKEOPTS} hasnt changed in which case you > need to regenerate it. or just avoid the cache altogether and leave > SCONSOPTS as a hook specific to scons.
Can do, though I don't see a reason why anyone would mangle MAKEOPTS in a middle of an ebuild using SCons. PS Why don't your mails contain 'Reply-To' header like others do? -- Best regards, Michał Górny <> <xmpp:mgorny@××××××.ru>

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: scons.eclass Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>