From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License groups in ebuilds
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:12:28
1 >>>>> On Sat, 15 Sep 2012, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 >> AFAICS, we would need 9 additional license files, namely GPL-{1,2,3}+,
4 >> LGPL-{2,2.1,3}+, and FDL-{1.1,1.2,1.3}+.
5
6 > Coming back to this, because the council has now rejected license
7 > groups for EAPI 5. I would then create above-mentioned files in the
8 > licenses dir.
9
10 Committed and added to appropriate license groups.
11
12 Concerning transition: This issue isn't the most pressing of our
13 problems, so IMHO transition should be done gradually, whenever an
14 ebuild is touched for another reason. We can evaluate things again in
15 a year from now.
16
17 If you check the license of a package and find that e.g. GPL-2
18 (without the plus sign) is correct, then it would be useful to add a
19 comment "GPL-2 only" to the ebuild. This is to avoid checking packages
20 twice.
21
22 Ulrich