From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News Item: Changes in default VIDEO_CARDS
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:14:10
1 Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
2 > On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:22:40 +0100
3 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
4 >> The previous time I wanted to post a news item with USE dependencies,
5 >> this was not possible because the Display-If-Installed dependency
6 >> atom had to conform to EAPI 0. But now that all profiles are EAPI 5
7 >> this is ok I hope.
8 > It's not really clear what the EAPI for the news directory is...
9
10 I guess you are right, but as all package managers must now understand
11 EAPI 5 dependency atoms, it is not likely that any will choke on it.
12 Besides, existing news items already use Display-If-Profile: to point to
13 EAPI 5 profiles.
14 But I can ask the Council for clarification on the issue.
17 Best regards,
18 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn