From: Ionen Wolkens <ionen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Portage einfo, elog... output format change
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 03:04:04
1 On Sat, Oct 02, 2021 at 10:53:37PM -0400, Ionen Wolkens wrote:
2 > Guess there's a lot of other options that could be considered as well.
3 >
4 > --- files
5 > >>> text
6 > * current, it wasn't aligned now that I look at it again
7 > (relying only on color to convey type feels clearly wrong to me)
8 >
9 > --- files
10 > >>>> text
11 > [QA] new based on current PR
12 >
13 > >>> text
14 > [QA] aligned 1 character further, maybe skipping changing >>> is fine?
15 > (then again that it's further is what threw me off at first)
16 >
17 > >>> text
18 > QA* similar to before, but aligned using only 3 chars
19 >
20 > >>> text
21 > [Q] kinda more obscure but it can work
24 Guess should also add these:
25 >>> text
26 Q* Notice:
27 E* Some error happened
28 (closest to before by making use of the former leading space, thus
29 no alignment changes)
30
31 >>> text
32 QA Notice:
33 EE Some error happened
34 (at least clearer than Q* Notice, but unsure about no separator.. guess
35 it could work?)
36
37 > >>>> text
38 > QA* probably closest to how it was before alignment-wise, but meh at 4 >
39 >
40 > >>> message
41 > QA> not convinced about this one, but throwing it here anyway
42 > (other characters could be considered as well)
43 >
44 > Maybe a poll of some kind may help, personally undecided on what I
45 > like better beside agreeing that a change is needed.
49 ionen