From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unstable/testing keywords
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:03:55
1 On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:59:37 +0200
2 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
3 > Jack Morgan schrieb:
4 > > I find this confusing and hope to clear it up. According to
5 > > emerge/portage man pages we have stable keywords (ARCH) and
6 > > unstable packages (~ARCH) while the handbook[1] says we have stable
7 > > keywords (ARCH) and testing keywords (~ARCH).
8 >
9 > There is stable and not stable. Whether you call what is not stable
10 > "unstable" or "testing" does not matter, as Gentoo does not
11 > differentiate between the two. FWIW, I think that using the word
12 > testing implies some sort of path to stable, which is not the case
13 > with many packages. I prefer to say unstable.
14
15 Well it should, because ~arch was supposed to mean "candidate for
16 becoming arch".
19 Ciaran McCreesh