From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-python/pygtkhelpers: pygtkhelpers-0.4.1.ebuild
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:13:29
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-python/pygtkhelpers: pygtkhelpers-0.4.1.ebuild by Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
On 09/14/2010 05:50 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> 2010-09-13 00:53:19 Mark Loeser napisał(a): >> "Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis (arfrever)" <arfrever@g.o> said: >>> arfrever 10/09/12 20:43:13 >>> >>> Removed: pygtkhelpers-0.4.1.ebuild >>> Log: >>> Delete older ebuild. >> >> Please update the Changelog when you remove versions of the package. > > When multiple commits in one package are made during e.g. 10 minutes, then it should > be sufficient to describe all changes in one commit in ChangeLog. Deletion of > pygtkhelpers-0.4.1.ebuild is mentioned in ChangeLog of dev-python/pygtkhelpers. >
It's hard to review commits if they are spread across multiple emails. Why not just commit with a single repoman invocation? At least the way I do things is I take my CVS commit message from the ChangeLog entry and if it has something like "Version bump and remove old ebuild" then it first fine as a cvs commit message.
> By the way, 2 QA members usually don't update ChangeLog when they delete old > ebuilds, so maybe the policy should be changed. >
If you have a problem with a policy then start a thread to change the policy to see where the majority opinion lies. Jaywalking with other people does not make your action any more legal (assuming a country where its never legal). Rules should be changed/improved when they don't make sense any more instead of ignored (for example some countries allow jaywalking if there's no traffic in sight). Regards, Petteri