From: Jodok Batlogg <batlogg@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: custom ebuild: AUTOCLEAN unmerges slotted version
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:38:51
1 Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 00:55, Jodok Batlogg wrote:
4 >> hi,
5 >>
6 >> i'm preparing an ebuild for plone1.1 (zope based CMS). I took the
7 >> existing 1.04-ebuild and added SLOT="1.0" and SLOT="1.1".
8 >>
9 >> the ebuilds work fine, but although i specified two different slots
10 >> AUTOCLEAN always unmerges the lower version. I have no idea why.
11 >>
12 >> i've attached the two ebuilds. is there sth. obvious i'm missing? i can't
13 >> find the reason.
16 > You need to remerge the old version with the updated SLOT first.
17 > This will tipically be one of those things that update goes as
18 > follows:
19 >
20 > 1) add new revision of older version with new SLOT
21 > 2) wait a few weeks (days?) for it to propagate
22 > 3) add the new version with diff SLOT
23
24 yes, i know this is normal procedure. what i wanted to do: test it locally.
25 i "simulated" the above behaviour already:
26
27 - unmerge entire package (in all versions)
28 - set PORTAGE_OVERLAY (all my new ebuilds are there)
29 - deleted the "normal" ebuilds in /usr/portage (i know this is usually not
30 necessary)
31 - regenworld
32 - emerge the one with slot 1.0
33 - emerge the one with slot 1.1
34
35 is there a "global" switch which packages are slotted?
36
37 thanks
38
39 jodok