From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuilds and USE flags
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:57:11
1 On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 17:27 +0100, Rene Zbinden wrote:
2 > I am writing an ebuild for a program written in perl. This program has
3 > the dependency of gnuplot but with the png flag enabled. What is the
4 > gentoo way to enable this USE Flag for gnuplot when I emerge my program.
5
6 There is no way to automatically enable the flag, but you can use
7 something like:
8
9 built_with_use media-gfx/gnuplot png || die "This package requires that
10 media-gfx/gnuplot is built with png support."
11
12 In your pkg_setup section of the ebuild. Of course, more explanation is
13 always welcome, such as explaining how package.use works or something
14 similar.
15
16 Once USE-based depends are in portage, this won't be a problem (and it
17 is coming), but this is currently the only solution.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
22 x86 Architecture Team
23 Games - Developer