From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cvs+overlay script?
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:01:19
1 Well, I also use separate trees (and I know I am not the only one, as
2 occasionally this kind of "bookkeeping" was coming up on irc, but apparently
3 we are in minority for the most part :)), but when I process ebuilds or fix
4 bugs I prefer to work in the "active", synced tree. When I am done with
5 tinkering I simply copy stuff over into cvs tree and only perform
6 updates/commits there.
7 In case I terribly screw something up I don't even have to do any cleanup, as
8 I have a habit to only touch my local cvs tree when I've finished processing
9 and testing stuff, just emerge sync and carry over..
10 Provides some isolation and a safer feeling if you ask me :).
11 Oh, and it seems to require less additional actions than what you described ;)
12 (usually just a single cp command, well, in addition to all the repoman
13 scan... stuff that we have to do anyway).
14
15 George
16