From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: init.d-scripts don't see stuff from /etc/profile.env
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:58:11
1 > I've been looking into this and the only easy solution I can find is to
2 > move /sbin/runscript.sh to say /lib/rcscripts/sh, change it to
3 > source /etc/profile and then create a new /sbin/runscript.sh like so
4 >
5 > #!/bin/sh
6 >
7 > /bin/env -i \
8 > CONSOLETYPE="${CONSOLETYPE}" \
9 > IN_BACKGROUND="${IN_BACKGROUND}" \
10 > IN_HOTPLUG="${IN_HOTPLUG}" \
11 > /lib/rcscripts/sh/runscript.sh $*
12 >
13 > Right away we can see that we actually do need some to keep some env
14 > vars and the list would be constantly updated. There's also nothing to
15 > stop the user from setting them and then running a script which kind of
16 > defeats the purpose here anyway.
17 >
18 > Personally I'm against this.I'd like to know what Azarah and Vapier
19 > think of this though. Others too!
20
21 most init.d-scripts have "#!/sbin/runscript" as the first line. I don't
22 know what it does, but could that binary perhaps clear the environment?