From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] category sci-geosciences redundant ?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:43:48
1 maillog: 17/03/2005-15:30:35(+1000): Mark Watkins types
2 > Maybe changing the gentoo doc's can do more to solve misunderstandings
3 > to do with these packages..
4 >
5 > If people are taught from the beginning to think of a package as under a
6 > group from the beginning.
7
8 Group name change. I am happiness... I just can't do as well as those at
9 engrish.com, but the idea is that moving a package around the tree is
10 utterly irritating at the moment, exactly because the category is tied
11 to the name.
12
13 > Hacking bash to autocomplete and cycle through different package groups
14 > would also be fun.. :-}
15
16 If I had to compare the situation with the categories to bash
17 autocompletion, I'm not sure which one I'd name more annoying. I guess I
18 can safely say that they are equally annoying, since neither is more
19 annoying by a factor, and as we all well know: ∞/(∞+Δ) ≅ 1
22 () Georgi Georgiev () The first 90% of a project takes 90% of ()
23 () chutz@×××.net () the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% ()
24 () +81(90)6266-1163 () of the time. ()
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list