From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Repository stacking and complementary overlays
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:18:24
1 Le lundi 02 mars 2009 à 23:59 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh a écrit :
2 > On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:55:38 +0100
3 > Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> wrote:
4 > > We didn't implement anything but let's just talk about what we wanted
5 > > to see. We simply wanted overlay users to keep testing gnome 2.24
6 > > components that were masked or using masked packages in
7 > > base/package.mask so we just made sure those packages had the proper
8 > > keyword visibility.
9 >
10 > So if you could mask 'testing'ish things that're in the overlay
11 > (already possible),
12
13 well there was nothing masked in the overlay really, for 2.24, because
14 the overlay is for testing stuff already. Let me try to rephrase and see
15 if I can make it clearer. Although we moved some packages to the tree,
16 some packages didn't ended up moving because they needed more testing or
17 huge regression fixing patches but they were masked by gentoo-x86 masks
18 because of their dependencies. Hence the mask reverting in overlay.
19
20 > and provide an easy, consistent way for users who
21 > choose to to unmask and keyword a particular group of packages, would
22 > that solve the problem?
23
24 wrt to previous point, it would probably help a great deal even though
25 I'm not sure it would completely solve this case.
28 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
29 Gentoo