From: Christian Axelsson <smiler@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla: Firebird-bin & Firebird-cvs
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:52:05
1 > In the second case you could have:
2 >
3 > 1. emerge the first foo portage finds (undesirable, but what happens
4 > currently)
5 >
6 > 2. prompt interactively (this would be the first time portage
7 > prompts for user interaction afaik)
8 >
9 > 3. fail with an error message indication a long-form etc. must be
10 > given to resolve one or more packages.
13 I _really_ vote for #3 in this case. It's nothing wrong to give an error,
14 afterall, we have separate namespaces, why not take advantage of that?
15 I think that the 'emerge foo' instead of 'emerge category/foo' is just
16 pure lazyness and nothing we should hangon to. No, let's print a list with
17 the avaible options instead.
18
19 My €2
22 Christian Axelsson