From: Brian Evans <grknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] systems-246 changes tmpfs default size from 50% to 10% of RAM
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 01:10:55
1 On 7/28/20 2:50 PM, Zoltan Puskas wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've upgraded to and running systemd-246_rc2 on one of my systems and
5 > noticed that tmpfs mounted directories are significantly smaller.
6 >
7 > This is because with commit
8 > https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/7d85383edbab73274dc81cc888d884bb01070bc2
9 > they have changed them to be 10% of the physical memory instead of the
10 > default of 50%.
11 >
12 > This is a potentially breaking, or at least an unexpected behaviour
13 > change, especially for people using tmpfs on /tmp for compiling.
14
15 This could also affect any Gentoo admin running a MySQL/MariaDB database
16 with the default settings as it will sometimes write temporary tables to
17 ${EPREFIX}/tmp.
18
19 Brian