From: Daniel Schroeter <iaschroe@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge -b
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:11:40
1 Hi
2
3 I want to build some packages on my local machine and and distribute the packages to some other machines. How do I only build a package without installing it on my local system???
4
5 With emerge -b I can build the package but it get's installed also. Wouldn't it be nice to have an option like -B which only builds packages but doesn't install? Or does such an option already exist??
8 man emerge ...
9 --buildpkg (-b)
10 Tells emerge to build binary packages for all ebuilds processed in
11 addition to actually merging the packages. Useful for maintainers or
12 if you administrate multiple Gentoo Linux systems (build once, emerge tbz2s everywhere). The package will be created in the ${PKGDIR}/All
13 directory.
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list