From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About suggesting to create a separate partition for portage tree in handbook
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:43:28
1 On 03/28/2012 03:16, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 19:16 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >> But that's ok, because extensive studies have shown that the only possible
5 >> reasons for putting /usr/portage on its own partition are historical,
6 >> since everyone has an SSD now.
9 > Yeah, right. Since I must be the only one out there that doesn't yet
10 > have an SSD, you'll give me (and anyone else that still doesn't) one?
13 Does this mean that those of us who still use old mechanical disks are like
14 a bunch of steampunk fans?
15
16 Come to think of it, a disk drive that blew steam and made a whistling sound
17 without totally destroying the disk would be pretty awesome...
20 Joshua Kinard
21 Gentoo/MIPS
22 kumba@g.o
23 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
24
25 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
26 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
27
28 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic