From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] another idear
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:19:15
1 On Thursday 11 September 2003 20:39, Frederick Grim wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Actually now that I am thinking about daemontools another idea has come to
5 > me. If we specify the USE="blah blah blah doc" then with a bunch of
6 > packages we get html documentation. I know with a lot of this
7 > documentation I use publicfile on the localhost to serve the documentation
8 > so I can browse it with firebird via the url http://localhost/packagename/
9 > maybe that may be a good thing for gentoo? Should something like this be a
10 > separate package? If so since httpd in publicfile is chrooted to /public
11 > or wherever I guess that would mean something like a wholesale
12 > reorganization of where the documentation sits. Too much of a pain in the
13 > ass for little benefit? Just a thought.
14 >
15 > Fred
16
17 Actually the standard apache config offers the whole doc tree to localhost on
18 http://localhost/doc
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze