From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/icon-theme
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 03:35:14
1 On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:47 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > I think that the packages that currently depend on one icon theme, could
4 > instead just depend on that virtual. For example, xfce works fine
5 > without the xfce theme, provided some other theme (like gnome or tango)
6 > is there.
7 >
8 > Is it a requirement that more than one package should depend on it until
9 > we can extract a virtual? I think it would simplify managing the
10 > dependencies anyway.
11
12 This is very similar to when you want to add a global USE flag. In
13 that case we usually require 5 packages and a general non-specific
14 purpose. It can easily be translated to the present situation.
15
16 More practically I would say: use your brain. If you think it makes
17 sense then go for it.
18
19 Denis.