From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] github <> g.o.g.o
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:13:20
On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 01:55:37PM +0100, Justin wrote:
> Hi all, > > is there a way to do a way or two way sync between a repo on github and > on g.o.g.o? > > I have the felling that I heard of an official overlay which is operated > like this. Could someone please point me to this overlay and the technique?
For every secondary repo you want to keep synced, add a pushurl entry pushurl = <git-repo-url> below your main "url =" line in the repo's .git/config file. Git will automatically push to all pushurl entries automatically when you "git push". We do this in the Qt overlay (with gitorious atm): [remote "origin"] fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* url = git:// pushurl = git@×××××××××.org:gentoo-qt/qt.git Regards, -- Alex Alexander | wired + Gentoo Linux Developer ++

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] github <> g.o.g.o justin <jlec@g.o>