From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] github <> g.o.g.o
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:13:20
1 On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 01:55:37PM +0100, Justin wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > is there a way to do a way or two way sync between a repo on github and
5 > on g.o.g.o?
6 >
7 > I have the felling that I heard of an official overlay which is operated
8 > like this. Could someone please point me to this overlay and the technique?
9
10 For every secondary repo you want to keep synced, add a pushurl entry
11
12 pushurl = <git-repo-url>
13
14 below your main "url =" line in the repo's .git/config file.
15 Git will automatically push to all pushurl entries automatically when
16 you "git push".
17
18 We do this in the Qt overlay (with gitorious atm):
19
20 [remote "origin"]
21 fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
22 url = git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/qt.git
23 pushurl = git@×××××××××.org:gentoo-qt/qt.git
24
25 Regards,
26 --