From: Jacob Perkins <jap1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new net runlevel
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:29:55
1 I would like to have a virtual runlevel, let's call it net. It's going
2 to be a symlink to either a dsl or dialup virtual runlevel. The dsl
3 runlevel will have net.eth0, and the dialup runlevel will have
4 net.ppp0. There will be other things in them too, like netmount in
5 dsl. I'd like the net runlevel to be started with default so that
6 something like postfix, which needs net, will start correctly. How can
7 I do this? I tried editing inittab and adding a line to start net, but
8 if I put it before default, default wouldn't start, and if I put it
9 after, net wouldn't start and postfix would fail. I also tried making a
10 net rc-script, with just a start() that has '/sbin/rc net', but that did
11 absolutely nothing. I need help on this asap, thanks.
12
13 Jacob