From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Use of "nomirror" flag
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:21:59
1 Greetings!
2
3 The RESTRICT="nomirror" flag should only be used in the case where it is
4 illegal for Gentoo to redistribute a package via our mirror network
5 (such as commercial packages). There should be very few exceptions to
6 this rule-of-thumb.
7
8 Keep in mind that anytime you set this flag on a package, people who
9 rely on a distfile mirror as their only source of Gentoo packages will
10 not get the package. This is common in many cases where Gentoo is being
11 used inside a private network that utilizes a local distfile mirror on
12 the inside of that network.
13
14 If you have this flag set on any ebuild and we can legally distribute
15 that package, please remove that restriction.
16
17 Thanks,
18
19 -C
22 Corey Shields
23 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
24 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
25 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list