From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] best way to use profiles and package.use.mask?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:33:07
1 Friedrich Oslage kirjoitti:
2 > Maybe we should ask Recruiters what most people answered to that
3 > eom-quiz question :)
6 I have been instructing people to adjust the files themselves. The
7 changes affect only the package in question and as such it falls under
8 the responsibility of the maintainer of the package.
11 > I personally think no, individual ebuild devs shouldn't touch
12 > arch-profiles. They should simply drop the (broken) keywords and file a
13 > keywordreq bug for those arches. Then the arch-teams can test and
14 > eventually decide whether to keyword the package or mask the use-flag.
17 The arch teams don't have that much staff so not adding to their work
18 load is the best way to go imho.
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri