From: Christopher Sharp <csharp@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libmad and madplay in one package
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:01:37
1 On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:07:54 -0700
2 George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > Hi Chris
5 >
6 > On Wednesday 31 July 2002 13:59, Christopher Sharp wrote:
7 > > Hello,
8 > > I want to make an ebuild of madplay but as libmad and madplay are in one
9 > > package I don't know how to deal with that. Should I make two ebuilds or
10 > > only one which installs both ?
11 > That depends.
12 > Is libmad a very specific library designed to run solely with madplay and
13 > nothing else?
14 > Or rather can it be used by some other app?
15 > Generally if there is a chance that it may be used by other apps it should be
16 > a separate package/ebuild (just use the same SRC_URI, anyway it will be
17 > fetched only once).
18
19 Hmm, the homepage shows a nice number of apps using MAD and I think most of the use the lib. I think I will do a seperate ebuild for libmad.
20 Thanks for your response :)
21
22 - Christopher