From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages up for grabs
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 21:21:29
1 On 08/07/2016 03:48 PM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2
3 > Java works pretty well on Gentoo, I'm not quite sure what needs to be
4 > fixed ... I mean, apart from our insane idea to "build from source"
5 > which doesn't fit with the existing structures in the java ecosystem
6
7 Wow!. Patrick, you are my hero. I have an old couple of (java-centric)
8 bugs in bgo that maybe you could take a quick look at the attached
9 ebuilds and either fix them or send me a guildline how to fix them? Both
10 have ebuilds attached. But if you can fix them, it'd be trivial to also
11 get the latest stable release of those cluster centric java
12 nightmares.... I would not even care if they reside in an overlay
13 somewhere, as gentoo tree acceptance is often a pilgrimage.
14
15 They are very popular codes, just so you know, so you are talking about
16 becoming gentoo-legend...... I'd even be willing to proxy them after
17 they are fixed, or with a mentor that knows more about java than I.
18 (that's not difficult at all).
21 BGO-510912 (Apache-Mesos) and BGO-523412 (Apache-Spark)
22
23 Publicly or privately, you'd get much more than my gratitude...
24 (seriously).
25
26 I also use euscan frequently (just so you know).
29 curiously,
30 James