From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IPython 7.17 drops Python 3.6 support AKA upgrade reminder
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 21:04:35
1 On Sat, 2020-08-01 at 09:29 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > The most recent release of IPython removes support for Python 3.6.
3 > Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first very high profile package
4 > to become 3.7+ only. Please expect a major slay of Python 3.6 support
5 > in its reverse dependencies today. That is, when I finish the large
6 > part of my today's TODO called 'immediate bumps'.
7
8 I'd like to note that I won't do it after all. The number of (deep)
9 revdeps is too great, and given that py3.6 is no longer in default
10 PYTHON_TARGETS this shouldn't impact our users much. Instead, we'll
11 probably be keeping 3.6 in PYTHON_COMPAT as long as possible until
12 the final deadline.
15 Best regards,
16 Michał Górny