From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ccache
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:52:41
1 Hasse Hagen Johansen wrote:
2
3 >Hi
4 >
5 >A couple of days ago it was recommended on this list to use ccache. I
6 >have now tried ccache, and I think it breaks some builds horrible. As of
7 >now I have tried to build mozilla-1.3-r2, and jack-cvs. Those packages
8 >fail with an error that the linker parser cannot understand the format
9 >of one of the object files. I think it would be a very good idea not
10 >have the ccache flag enabled by default it simply breaks normally
11 >working ebuilds. I think that it should be something you can set in your
12 >use flags if you know what you are doing.
13 >
14 >Comments welcome. It could be me just to stupid to use ccache ;-)
15 >
16 >Regards
17 >Hasse
21 It is a setting you can put in your FEATURES in /etc/make.conf
22
23 I've never had any problems with ccache, in fact I built mozilla-1.3 the
24 other day with it (and distcc) and my ccache is shared via nfs between 3
25 machines. I probably shouldn't share the cache, but it hasn't hurt yet!
26
27 Troy
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list