From: Markus Nigbur <pyrania@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using make.globals variables
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 13:04:34
1 On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 14:41, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Is it possible to use a variable, declared in make.globals, in make.conf?
3 > For instance,
4 > """
5 > DISTCC_TMPDIR="${PORTAGE_TMPDIR}/.distcc"
6 > """
7 > even though PORTAGE_TMPDIR isn't defined in make.conf itself?
8 >
9 > I have a bugreport about this in my mailbox but I'm uncertain if it's valid
10 > or not...
11 >
12 > Wkr,
13 > Sven Vermeulen
14
15 From `man make.conf`:
16
17 "If no environment settings are found, Portage then checks
18 /etc/make.conf. If no setting is found in /etc/make.conf, Portage
19 checks /etc/make.globals. If no setting is found there, the profile's
20 default setting is grabbed from /etc/make.profile/make.defaults. Please
21 note that all user settings should be made in the environment or in
22 /etc/make.conf, which is intended to be customized by the user.
23 Exceptions are incremental variables such as USE, CONFIG_PROTECT*, and
24 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS. Incremental variables are propagated down from
25 make.defaults to make.globals to make.conf to the environment settings."
29 (o_ Markus Nigbur
30 //\ Gentoo Linux Developer
31 [ ]/_ http://www.gentoo.org