From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing the distinction between UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED bugs
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 07:58:29
1 > On 3 Dec 2022, at 07:09, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'd like to propose replacing the current UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED bug
6 > states with a simple NEW state. Why?
7 >
8 > 1. Only a handful of developers actually uses these two statuses
9 > in a meaningful way.
10 >
11 > 2. Some users are confused and demotivated by having their bugs stay
12 > UNCONFIRMED for a long time.
15 Yes please. We can always revisit if an actual issue arises wrt needing
16 to show things as "CONFIRMED", but I've not seen any usage of
17 UNCONFIRMED vs CONFIRMED in a way that matters other than
18 helping out confused users.
19
20 While at it, I'd love to talk about UPSTREAM [0] , but that's for
21 another day :)
22
23 [0] https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/a16cedda9f4b3f8d88e3291d5d0201da
24