From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About what would be included in EAPI5
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:01:06
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:44:36 +0200
Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> [...]
Every ebuild that defines its own src_prepare, yes. That's the point: the package mangler can't know where to apply patches itself otherwise, and user patches are rare enough that developers are very likely to forget to check if they aren't made to. We had this discussion in the original thread. If we're just looking for a feature that "might work sometimes", there's no point sticking any of this in the EAPI at all. -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] About what would be included in EAPI5 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>