From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New maintainer needed: net-misc/aria2
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 02:18:24
1 Hello!
4 While someone else is the official maintainer of net-misc/aria2, I have
5 done the last 5 version bumps or so on net-misc/aria.
6
7 I have gotten a little behind with it lately: 1.12.1 is the latest in
8 tree, upstream has 1.13.0, 1.14.0 and the very fresh 1.14.1.
9 One reason for that is that I don't use aria2 myself that much if at
10 all. Another is that the next version bump needs more care than just
11 copy-and-commit: some dependencies have changed.
12
13 I would like to pass package net-misc/aria2 on to one of you. With the
14 help of the proxy maintainer team this could even be someone who is not
15 yet a Gentoo developer.
16
17 Besides the test suite, nothing needs patching in the latest ebuild of
18 1.12.1. There is three open bugs [1].
19
20 If you want to take over, please go ahead. Maybe leave a short reply in
21 this thread. Thanks!
22
23 Best,
27 Sebastian
30 [1]
31 https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=net-misc%2Faria2;list_id=712171
35 -------- Original Message --------
36 Subject: aria2 maintenance
37 Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 19:00:56 +0100
38 From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
39 To: ......@g.o
40
41 Hello ......,
44 it looks like you don't really have time or interest to keep aria2 up to
45 speed. More or less the same on my end.
46
47 Would you mind if I publicly ask for a new maintainer for aria2?
48 If I do not hear from you within a week I take no answer as a "yes".
49
50 Best,
54 Sebastian