From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] webapp-config 1.10 now out - testers required
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:24:55
1 Hiya,
2
3 I've just added v1.10 of webapp-config to Portage. It's currently marked as
4 UNSTABLE, and needs wider testing before it can be marked as stable.
5
6 Changes since v1.9 include:
7 - bug fix: webapp-config needs to support installing files w/ spaces in
8 the name (Gentoo bug #53215)
9 - bug fix: webapp-config needs to set umask 0 when running (Gentoo bug #53390)
10 - enhancement: webapp-config now uses hard links instead of soft links
11 (also a bug fix; some packages won't work when symlinked)
12 - enhancement: new --soft switch if you want to use symlinks
13 - enhancement: --secure switch to install into /var/www/<host>/htdocs-secure
14 (Gentoo bug #53384)
15 - enhancement: --bug-report now runs all mode-specific checks before quitting
16 - enhancement: webapp-config now checks to see if you have done etc-update;
17 if you haven't, webapp-config will refuse to run until you have
18
19 Unless I've missed anything, that only leaves Gentoo bug #52888 outstanding -
20 and that's fixed in my subversion tree.
21
22 Please file all bugs on bugs.gentoo.org, and assign them to me.
23
24 Assuming nothing major shows up, I'll file a bug in a few days asking for this
25 to be made stable on all arches.
26
27 Best regards,
28 Stu
29 --
30 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
31 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
32 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
33
34 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
35 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C