From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] webapp-config 1.10 now out - testers required
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:24:55
Hiya,

I've just added v1.10 of webapp-config to Portage.  It's currently marked as
UNSTABLE, and needs wider testing before it can be marked as stable.

Changes since v1.9 include:
- bug fix: webapp-config needs to support installing files w/ spaces in
  the name (Gentoo bug #53215)
- bug fix: webapp-config needs to set umask 0 when running (Gentoo bug #53390)
- enhancement: webapp-config now uses hard links instead of soft links
  (also a bug fix; some packages won't work when symlinked)
- enhancement: new --soft switch if you want to use symlinks
- enhancement: --secure switch to install into /var/www/<host>/htdocs-secure
  (Gentoo bug #53384)
- enhancement: --bug-report now runs all mode-specific checks before quitting
- enhancement: webapp-config now checks to see if you have done etc-update;
  if you haven't, webapp-config will refuse to run until you have

Unless I've missed anything, that only leaves Gentoo bug #52888 outstanding -
and that's fixed in my subversion tree.

Please file all bugs on bugs.gentoo.org, and assign them to me.

Assuming nothing major shows up, I'll file a bug in a few days asking for this
to be made stable on all arches.

Best regards,
Stu
--
Stuart Herbert                                              stuart@g.o
Gentoo Developer                                       http://www.gentoo.org/

GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319  C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C