From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 2.4 marked stable on x86
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:19:31
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 23:11:33 +0100
3 Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk> wrote:
4
6 > Hash: SHA1
7 >
8 > On Tuesday 07 October 2003 21:59, Spider wrote:
9 >
10 > > So, basically its the "this works decently" and something that lets
11 > > cdburner frontends work. ofc, if cdrecord -scanbus would actually
12 > > work on detecting ATAPI interface things would probably be better.
16 > mike@sauron mnt $ cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI:
17
18 Yes, this is exactly the behaviour i meant when I said "if cdrecord
19 -scanbus would actually work on detecting ATAPI interface" .. by
20 default cdrecord -scanbus -doesn't- detect ATAPI interface or devices,
21 but require a dev= addon to the commandline. This is not what recorder
22 applications expect or are made for, ergo it doesn't work for most of
23 them-
27 > It's not the best documented feature, but does work.
28 > CDBakeoven and K3B from KDE CVS already understand.
31 Yes, and probably nautilus-cd-burner and gtoaster will support it in
32 time for gnome 2.6. Which isn't -now- . Its now that we want to make
33 this simpler.
36 //Spider
43 begin .signature
44 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
46 end