From: Erik Van Reeth <erik@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] RC6 Boot ISO reports + info [kind of long]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 12:45:56
1 ....
2 > Funny thing - I have a Award 6.00 BIOS so this is not that
3 > problem. But I
4 > have a Symbios SCSI controller (Dawicontrol DW-2976UW) and a
5 > Yamaha CD writer
6 > (CRW8824S), too.
7 >
8 > I cannot boot either since you switched to isolinux.
9 > Errors:
10 >
11 > isolinux: loading spec packet failed, trying to wing it.
12 > isolinux: failed to access CD-ROM device; boot failed.
13 >
14 > I booted from my Toshiba DVD ROM as well as from the writer -
15 > same errors...
16 >
17 > Bye...Frank
18
19 I also got a motherboard with an AWARD 6.00 BIOS which just doesn't boot the
20 CD (crosschecked boot priority). As Daniel specified, a new version of
21 ISOLINUX is available. I created a new ISO file with this new version, but
22 same effect.
23 It works on my other PC's with an AWARD BIOS v4.51 though.
24 Strange ...
25
26 Erik