From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: Yannick Koehler <yannick.koehler@××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qt# and libqtc
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:22:55
1 On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Yannick Koehler wrote:
2
3 > I have made a ebuild for qtcsharp-0.4 but it require libqtc. That library is
4 > part of KDE package kdebindings but actually is a stand-alone package. What
5 > are the solution here, can someone extract the libqtc part of kdebindings and
6 > distribute it inside ibiblio as libqtc-version.tar.gz ? What would be the
7 > step for me to get this in?
8
9 If TrollTech hasn't had their hands on it, we are probably allowed to
10 redistribute it like you propose. I remeber Bevin had a problem with them
11 not liking is TinyQt redist of the central portions of the Qt library. He
12 had to change the name.
13
14 In your enhancement request in bugzilla, add a URL to your
15 libqtc-<version>.tar.gz (it's probably too large to be attached safely),
16 and say that you want its primary distribution source to be on
17 ibiblio.org. Please also explain why (as you did above).
18
19 In time, we may be forced to create a new category for see-hash programs.
20 I propose we name the category dev-dflat ;P
21
22 Kind regards,
23
24 Karl T